Budget Affordable Hotels MotelClean Comfortable Rooms Hotels AAA Approved
115 Barrowhill Road
Forrest City, AR 72335
(870) 633-0042


Forrest City, Arkansas was established in 1870. It is located in Northeast Arkansas off of Interstate 40, between Little Rock and Memphis (45 miles west of Memphis and 85 miles east of Little Rock).

We are strategically located on I-40, which runs East and West (over 28,000 vehicles travel I-40 daily) and Arkansas Highway 1, which is the major thoroughfare running north and south. We also have two railways that serve in all directions, with America's #1 transportation hub, Memphis, being less than 50 miles away.

The recently constructed 8.4 miles long Highway 1 Bypass is ready for business. It runs North and South with the Delta Regional Airport located on the north and the Federal Correctional Institute on the South. A master study plan for the bypass was completed through a partnership between the City of Forrest City, Garver and Garver, and the Corp of Engineers. The purpose of the plan was to determine the feasibility of developing the area for commercial use. The answer was a resounding “Yes”. The Bypass Infrastructure Project will help pave the way for economic growth in our city.

By the way, we have people with great work ethics. We have a strong educational environment; with East Arkansas Community College ( www.eacc.edu ) - whose primary focus is a commitment to learning by educating and preparing students to become responsible citizens and contributing members of society, Crowley's Ridge Technical Institute ( www.crti.tec.ar.us ) where graduates are trained and ready, not only to enter the work force, but to step into a place of leadership when duty calls, Forrest City High School (public) ( fcsd.k12.ar.us ) whose mission is to provide educational services that meets and exceeds our customer's needs and expectations, allowing us to prosper as a district and community and Calvary Christian School (private) a private school that serves grades PK-12.

Forrest City is home to several businesses employing over 200 people such as Boar's Head Provision, Airtherm Products Inc., Forrest City Grocery, Federal Correctional Institute, Forrest City Medical Center, Forrest City School District and Wal-Mart Supercenter. In addition, we have over 31 restaurants and 700 hotel/motel rooms.

If you're looking for a home for your business, visit Forrest City. Let us show you why we are indeed the, “Jewel of the Delta." We want to serve you, and our motto is “One Forrest City, moving forward, one step at a time."

City Clerk - Treasurer

The Clerk-Treasurer's office handles all account's payables and receivables.

We are responsible for maintaining personnel files, payroll and insurance coverage. We keep all vital City records in our office, such as resolutions, ordinances and minutes.

It is also the Clerk's responsibility to prepare, publicize and distribute the agenda for City Council meetings.

Our office helps the citizen's of Forrest City by first being respectful and helpful to each one who comes in to our office or calls our office.

We also ensure that tax monies are applied in an honest, efficient and lawful manner. We keep the City's records in a vault, therefore, ensuring that the City's history will never be lost.

City Council

Forrest City has a Mayor/Council form of government. Two Council Members are elected by the voters of each of the four wards of the city. Each member is elected to serve a four year term. Regular meetings ot the City Council are held at the City Hall on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month at 6:00 PM. These meetings are open to the public.

City Attorney

Elected by the voters of Forrest City to serve a four (4) year term, the city attorney acts as the legal advisor to the mayor and city council and other city officers, departments, commissions and agencies.

The city attorney meets with and advises the city council at its regular meetings and prepares ordinances, resolutions, contracts and other legal documents.

The city attorney also represents or coordinates representation of the city and its officers in legal proceedings and prosecutes violations of city ordinances and state statutes classified as misdemeanors that occur within the city.

Alan Cline
117 South Washington
Forrest City, AR 72335


All city departments are under the direction of the Mayor and exist for the benefit of the citizens of our city.

Please follow the links on the left for information about these services.

Police Department

We would like to welcome you to the Forrest City Police Department web page. We hope that you find your visit informational and helpful.

For Emergencies call 9-1-1.

The non-emergency number for the police department is (870) 633-3434.

Fire Department


The mission of the Forrest City Fire Department is to protect lives and property from the adverse effects of fire, medical emergencies and exposure to dangerous conditions created either by nature or man. We will respond to emergencies in a professional and courteous manner and strive to reduce the rate of emergencies through public education and code enforcement. Ethical values will remain the core of every decision made by each member of our Department.

The Forrest City Fire Department is a combination department made up of 21 full-time and 7 part-paid firefighters. The firefighters work a three-platoon system, meaning they work 24 hours and are off-duty for 48 hours.

Public Works

The Department of Public Works is made up of 30 employees who help to keep our city clean. The following list is made up of just a part of the responsibilities of this department.

Citizens can request large item pickup and special circumstance solid waste pickup by calling the office of Public Works.

Leaves and limbs should be separated and placed on the edge of the property for pickup. Sweeps of the city trucks take place on a regular basis in all areas of the city in order to clear natural waste from the streets in a timely manner.

The department services and repairs all equipment owned by the city such as police cars, fire vehicles, water department vehicles and city park equipment.

Boards & Commissions

Advertising & Promotions Commission - Composed of seven members as follows: Four owners or managers of businesses in the tourism industry, at least three of whom are owners or managers of hotels, motels, or restaurants, and all of whom are appointed by the City Council for staggered terms of four years; and two are members of and selected by the City Council; and one member from the public at large nominated by the Mayor and approved by the City Council. The Comission is the body that determines the use of the City Advertising and Promotion Fund.

Civic Center Commission - Composed of five commissioners holding office for a period of five years appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the majority of the City Council. The commission has full and complete authority to build, manage, operate, maintain, and keep in a good state of repair all buildings designated as the Forrest City Civic Center. The commission also has authority to set rates, charges, and fees for the use of the facilities subject to the approval of the City Council.

Delta Regional Airport Commission - Composed of eight members appointed by the participating municipalities for six year terms, each of whom is a resident and qualified elector of the county or municipality represented. The commission is authorized and empowered to acquire, equip, construct, maintain, and operate a regional airport or landing field and facilities to best serve the region and to keep a record of all revenues and expenditures involving its activities, its properties and facilities and is required to submit reports to the Mayor and City Council on a monthly basis.

Residential Housing Facilities Board - Consists of five members who are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council. The Board is responsible for overseeing the expenditure of funds for housing and community development and is also responsible for developing policies for meeting community needs for affordable and safe housing.

Library Board - Consists of five members appointed by the Mayor and approved by the City Council. The Board has the exclusive control of the expenditures of all moneys collected to the credit of the library fund as well as supervision, care and custody of the facilities set apart for library purposes. The Librarian is appointed by the Board.

Planning Commission - Composed of five members appointed by the Mayor and approved by the City Council for five year terms. The powers and duties of the commission consist of preparing a plan or plans of the city and to adopt, administer, and implement such plans with the authority and procedure prescribed by Act 186 of 1957.

Water and Sewer Commission - Consists of five members - one appointed by the Mayor and four appointed by the aldermen from each ward. The purpose of the Board is to direct, manage, control and operate water and sewer utility within the city and in any area in which the city may be lawfully authorized to operate outside the city limits.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the city's population?

According to Census 2010, Forrest City's population is 15,371.
The population of St. Francis County is 28,258.

Where can I find other census information?

Click here: www.aiea.ualr.edu

Where is the City Hall and what are the office hours?

City Hall is located at 224 N. Rosser across from the Police Station. City Hall is open from 8 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday.

Where do I register to vote?

Residents can register to vote at the St. Francis County Clerk's Office, Monday - Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. This office is located at 313 S. Izard in Forrest City. For more information call: 870-261-1725.

How can I vote absentee?

To obtain an applications for an absentee ballot either call the County Clerk's office at 870-261-1725 or visit the Clerk's office at the St. Francis County Courthouse, 313 S. Izard in Forrest City. They are open 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m - Monday through Friday.

Who do I contact to arrange public utility services?

Phone service – AT&Tl - (800) 464-7928
Water/Sewer service – Forrest City Water Utility - (870) 633-2921
Electrical service – Entergy - (800) 368-3749
Electrical service - Woodruff Electric - (870) 633-2262
Gas Service - Centerpoint Reliant Energy Arkla - (800) 992-7552

Who do I contact to find out about garbage pick-up?

Trash service goes into effect when you sign up for water service and will be picked up once a week. Call King Disposal at 870-581-2883 to find out your pick-up day.

What about other debris?

The City of Forrest City's Solid Waste Department picks up non-household garbage from the curbside. Items should be separated in the following categories:

Limbs, Brush, and Wood
All other trash - Metal, Appliances, Furniture, etc.

Note: If debris is due to contracted work the contractor is responsible for clean up and disposal. For more information call 261-1418.

When does one need a building permit?

Most anything that costs over $100 needs a building permit. Permits are required for the following types of construction: additions, plumbing alterations, fences, new buildings, signs, electrical alterations, decks, fireplaces, relocation of structures, site development, swimming pools, manufactured homes, pre-fab buildings, and when repairing homes damaged by fire.

Where do I obtain a building permit?

Building Permit Applications may be obtained at the Code Enforcement Office (Mayor's Office) located at City Hall. Plumbing, Gas, Electric and Street Cut Permits may also be obtained in this office.

If I am planning to open a business, what must I do?

You must first contact the Code Enforcement Officer at 224 N. Rosser for site approval and city regulations. Once all approvals are received, you must go to the City Clerk's office to obtain an occupational license. Occupational licenses are renewed yearly. The Code Enforcement Officer's number is 870-633-1315. The number for the City Clerk is 870-633-1692.

How do I pay a parking ticket?

Parking tickets are handled by the Municipal Court Clerk's Office at 615 E. Cross. You can pay your parking ticket or go to court on the date listed on the ticket. Read the instructions on the back of the ticket for more information or call the Municipal Court Clerk's Office at 870-261-1410.

Do I need a permit to have a rummage sale?

Yes. To obtain a permit for a rummage sale, you must go by the City Clerk's at 224 N. Rosser. There is no charge for the permit. For more information, call 870-633-1692.

Translation of Website

Midweek Special
Midweek and get a 10% discount each night, with a 2 night minimum stay. Higher rates on weekends.